Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Transitions

It's funny: I yap all day about working on transitions--You gotta make 'em so smooth they're nearly undetectable, I tell my students--but why all the hulabaloo? Why not embrace the time of change?

Anyway, I'm going People-style on Transitions this morning.

Births:
Yesterday, my far flung niece, Alexis, gave birth to a 6 lb. 9 oz.
as yet unnamed baby girl.
Welcome to the world, little one.
Some say this makes my dad the youngest great grandfather
in the free world.

Birthdays:
My dear friend, Jennifer, celebrates another one today.
This is the woman that taught me freedom can be found anywhere--
even in a can o' nuts.
Happy birthday, my Friend!!!

Deaths:
And finally, my uncle Gene's dog, Sammy,
went the way we'll all go yesterday afternoon.
A burial is pending;
he'll be much missed.

Hope you're embracing your own transitions. Looks like I gotta transition away from the computer and into the shower...

1 comment:

jen said...

thanks friend! here's to here...and there...and all of it.