Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Morning

bacon frying
cold orange juice in a pretty pink glass
fresh bread waiting to be dunked
in a silver bowl of egg and cinnamon
sweet talk with my love
and a poem

There may be better lives lived
but this morning I certainly can't imagine them.


***


***


***


We interrupt this idyllic moment with a reality check: two hours later, standing in Lowe's, feeling fat with french toast and staring at multi-packs of drill bits, Lionel Ritchie blares Easy like Sunday Morning from the overhead speakers. I've got to pee; I'm late for spin; I left my water bottle at home; Just five more minutes, babe, C. says; Please, I say; Babe, he says, relax; Relax? I am relaxed. Don't I seem relaxed!?!?

Peaks and valleys, folks, peaks and valleys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't be any fun w/out peaks and valleys- how would you know you were having a great time without them?

Welcome to the married life-

Author said...

mmmmm. bacon....

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

hi friend...i love reading you...

talk soon?

j.

p.s...i just accidentally first typed, "talk son?"