Friday, May 16, 2008

One Year Blogiversary

It's been a year since I started this thing, and I haven't even posted a photo of a winged plastic man hanging off the side of the building or told the story of the woman who used to work at the Diner in Norman and how she had her own wings made of feathers and chewing gum and tinfoil; I haven't mentioned that when I was little I wanted a tail; I haven't told you that I'm feeling a little blue today or that it's raining (again) or that sometimes I feel guilty for what I have; I haven't said I'm sorry; I haven't gone really crazy and abandoned punctuation OR USED ALL CAPS or gone a week without writing anything or decided to take a really friggin' long walk instead of staring at the screen; I haven't mentioned that I'm sometimes scared I'll just become some half-rate blogger and never publish any of my other stuff or that there are days when I just wanna stand at the sink eating chips and french onion dip in a blind daze; I haven't had any onscreen breakdowns or documented how to make a daisy chain or told you how when I was young I always thought I'd be a single mother and how now I'm a little like, whoa...love, whoa...marriage, whoa...baby, whoa...life, whoaaaaa is this pretty-little-oh-so-pretty thing my life? Whoa.But it is. And even if I'm feeling a little sad today and enjoying staring out at the rain a little too much, I want to thank you for reading: so, thank you. And thanks pappy, too, for giving me this here blue pitcher all those years ago for my birthday and for getting me to start this thing last year, and now today, for my brand spanking new banner. This past year's been such a trip to Coney Island, I can hardly imagine what the next year will hold.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Nicole for giving us something to read everyday that is better than anything one could get from the TV!

lindsey said...

That banner is Fantastic. That's right, with a capital F. And thank you for your ever insightful and moving observations.

little miss mel said...

Happy 1 Year!!!

This year will be full of new beginnings for you. Can't wait to tag along :)

Love the new look as well.

jen said...

genius.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look.

Nicole Callihan said...

I love the new look too, and thank you all for reading, for writing, for saying hello. xo.