Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Smoker

So...(INSERT THE NAME OF THE MAN I PROMISED MY LIFE TO--pictured here on our wedding day, reading the letter I wrote him and having his last cigarette as a bachelor)...yes, him, well...he has decided he doesn't want his "real name" used on the blog. We were out on the (very cold) patio this morning drinking our tea, and--

Him: It's just weird. I've got people googling me.

Me: Like who? That wackadoo girl from high school?

Him: No, not her. Clients. I have clients who google me. They don't need to know my whole life.

(He takes a long drag of his cigarette.)

Me: Hmm...I would think your green thumb would impress these "clients."

Him: They're in Asia.

Me: What? People in Asia don't like plants?

Him: Seriously, babe. Please.

Now, the task is to find a name to call (INSERT THE NAME OF THE MAN I PROMISED MY LIFE TO). I'm thinking "The Smoker." It's got a nice ring to it. As in: The Smoker wants to take me to Tahiti for my birthday; The Smoker and I once again donned fake mustaches; The Smoker wants a boy; The Smoker thinks I'm nuts. Thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(1) Okay, I'll fess up... I've googled him too, but generally I've googled everybody I've ever known (including myself on an all-too-frequent basis). I'll post this anonymously so you won't be able to discern who I am.

(2) The power of suggestion being what it is, if you're taking suggestions on that codename (no pun intended), I think a better one would be "Nonsmoker."

(3) Nonsmoker wants a boy! All righty then... one down and one to go!

Unfortunate Logic said...

i'm so confused by number 3. you're preggers? one down and one to go sounds so officially like you are preggers.

and the smoker is a good name.

so are:

alfredo
Excedrin
Stello (I had to masculinize it)
Dumpster Diver Extraordinaire (which could always turn into DDE)
My Man (like a diana ross song)
there is a volcano with said man's name in it...you could call him Paxi because that is the second half of the name
Red Paint
chincoteague
eskimo
1st edition

and, personally, if you add mr. to the front of any of these, they gain in points quickly.

right.

maybe i should go to work now since i am clearly so good at this name-creating business.

Nicole Callihan said...

No DAD (You're not that hard to discern!!!) or Unfortunate Logic, I'm NOT pregnant but I could be some day. I'm also NOT going to Tahiti for my birthday. Either of you wanna weep over that one?

P.S. But I do like Stello!

margot said...

what about ydoc.
(cody backwards) *cracking up*

Anonymous said...

I like "The Smoker", as it reminds me of times past... and makes me wonder who the crazy girl from your high school is....one time I'd like to NOT come to mind :-). I must admit that I too googled the smoker trying to confirm for myself (that a girl I still hold dear, you know in that place down deep, where you keep the loves of your life and those you hold high in your heart, even though you don't see them much anymore) that the wild woman I still love... has not gotten mixed up with some crazy, city, non-smoker. So the results of my google search: an old friend happy to see that her dear friend, had found her Mr. Right... "The Smoker".
Much Love,
Hol