Sunday, February 17, 2008

Square One

Yesterday, I took a photograph of a beatdown A-frame church. The sky in Joplin has been impossibly gray, and out in front of the church was a "For Sale" sign. The image itself seems the picture of bleak.

I had wanted to download it.
(Insert photo here.)

And then write something pithy about the heartland not being nearly as miserable as it appeared, but my camera isn't compatible with any of the computers in this house (this house that my husband's grandmother bought for herself on February 16, 1944 with the earnings from her beauty shop), and so I'm left just with words. Just words, which, when I think about it, may be all I've really ever had anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are worth 1,000 pictures. I can see the church in my minds eye, and I like what I can see.
Much Love,
Hol

little miss mel said...

How sad. The church seems so dismal. What a simple tragedy.

drjalepeno said...

Hi.