Saturday, February 23, 2008

And a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger on the Side

Yesterday, my dad called. Hey sis. Hey Pappy. What's going on? He tells me he just bought a hybrid. Groovy, I say. And, he says, I've decided to become a vegetarian. (This from a man who's been known to eat meatballs the size of small planets.)
Wow, I say. You know they don't eat meat, right?

Yea, yea. I'm going fresh. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruits. I'll live forever.

Great,
I say. What's for lunch?

Oh, I just swung into Wendy's, got a salad and a small chili. It's real good if you just pour the chili right on top.

Uhm, dad, chili?

Well, it doesn't have
that much meat in it. Just a smidge.

Ah...the smidge. Gets you every time.

4 comments:

Unfortunate Logic said...

oh dear god that is so good!

you should tell him to lay off the fast food and to eat organic, all naturally grown meat and poultry. being a vegetarian, meh....eating good things: yay!

DrJalepeno said...

A man is considering giving up one of God's gifts to humanity: the cheeseburger??? His world without cheeseburgers would be like Billy Jeff Clinton's world without girl friends!!! A thought no one should have to contemplate.
DrJalepeno

Anonymous said...

This is so strange because my dad literally just bought a new hybrid last week as well. And he just drove it on up here yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Update: I decided not to be a vegetarian after all Saturday morning while perusing the menu at Burger King. Ended up with a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. (Hard to eat good on the road.)

For lunch Dave took me to the Rockola Cafe where I figured a chef's salad was healthier than a big burger. Used ranch dressing and started leaning towards low carb.

For dinner (we call it supper in NC) I went completely low carb. Blended in with the other other old folks at K&W cafeteria and ate chopped steak, green beans, and cucumber salad (felt pretty good about myself).

Woke up this morning and for breakfast had sausage and eggs. Not bad, and I could feel the pounds melting away.

Lunch: Linda hasn't been to the grocery store yet and I'm sick of meat and eggs and anything else low carb so I just polished off a bag of Orville Redenbacher's light popcorn about 10 minutes ago. I am in need professional help.

To sum it up, we're going shopping in a little bit and I'm going to try to just eat healthy and exercise.

Oh, and the Honda Insight hybrid is great! On our 350-mile trip yesterday we averaged 62 miles per gallon! I'm thinkin' it'll be even better once I lose 30 pounds.