Monday, August 13, 2007

Health & Fitness Tip #17

Don't rely on magic.
Between the nachos and the Kentucky pie, I had somehow convinced myself that at any moment a magical bride gene would kick in, and I'd be noshing on steamed veggies and tilapia with glee. The gene failed me folks, and today staring down the barrel of squeezing into a white dress in seventy-two days, there's a new sheriff in town. Yes. It's true. I pulled out the measuring spoons: exactly one cup of Special K wetted with exactly one half cup of skim milk.

Reminds me a bit of a man I once dated who, for breakfast, would allow me (what seemed at the time) only four Cheerios and an eyedropper-full of milk. You'd be amazed how little we truly need, he told me. I never was.

3 comments:

little miss mel said...

Aren't you going to be starving in like 20 minutes?

I was so anxiety driven the year before my wedding, it def. kept the scale in check. It was truly not the way to go. I think I gained a few good lbs after the big day, based on relief alone!

I bet you look absolutely amazing in your dress. Don't sweat it!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me, you get to slice some bananas into that 1 cup of Special K. And I know I'm not the most health conscious of all your friends . . (or even close for that matter :-) ) But that cheeerio eye dropper guys sounds a little nanners to me, I'm very glad you have Cody instead.

Nicole Callihan said...

I, too, am very glad I have Cody. He'd let me eat a vat of Fruity Pebbles!

And, littlemissmel, no worries, I ate pizza for lunch...