Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not to Get All Garth Brooks on You but...

When I was a girl I knew exactly what I wanted when I grew up: I'd move to Myrtle Beach, marry the lifeguard, have some babies, divorce the lifeguard and raise my beautiful children all on my own. I badly wanted to be a single mother, and the lifeguard fit into that plan like a hook in a fish. I'd dabble in movie stardom, go horseback riding and operate on brains, and at night, I'd return home to my precious latchkey kids who'd have a warm dinner waiting for me.

Alas! Cue that song about thanking God for unanswered prayers. I met Cody, fell in love, and now I'm heading three hours east to marry him by the sea. The next time I write this blog I'll be what I never imagined being: a happily married woman.

In the meanwhile, artist and dearheart, Margot Miller, will be guest-blogging. Take good care.

5 comments:

little miss mel said...

Warm wishes to you and your new hubby!

I would love love love to see some photos when you return. :)

Have the best time evah! I know you will.

:X

Anonymous said...

congrats sweet nicole (=

Sloan said...

Mazeltov, sweetheart. Much happiness to you both.

Anonymous said...

Only the best to you and your love. Have fun. . . and know the okies are thinking 'bout you on your day.

Author said...

You are a married woman!!!! And you looked great becoming one! I lovelovelove you, Nicole!