Friday, October 12, 2007

Duck, Duck, Duck...Goose...

So, the lovely Olivia has "tagged" me which feels akin to something like being "goosed," but, as she is my constant go-to, I owe her a heckuva lot, and since I'm not willing to give up my firstborn at this point, I'm going to fill out this form:

Jobs I've Had:
1 – Learning to smoke while selling stylish European children's clothing at the Limited Too in the Tulsa mall.
2 – Developing a neurotic addiction to queso and tips while working at Restaurants A-Z.
3 – Flapping my wings like a bird while playing "poetry lady" to children with disabilities.
4 – Flapping my wings (less violently) while playing "essay lady" to college freshman.

Jobs I’d Like to Have:
1 – Trapeze artist.
2 – Chocolate taster.
3 – Personal trainer.
4 – Grape stomper.

Movies I Have Watched Over and Over Again:
1 – You can't handle the truth!!!
(And bizarrely...I can't remember the name of the movie.)

Books I Read and Loved During the Last Year:
1 – The Red Notebooks
2 – Mrs. Dalloway (perennial!)
3 -- My brother's dissertation...well, maybe not all of it...
4 – Henri Cole's poems
5 -- Is Martha Stewart's Weddings a book or a magazine?

Favorite Things to Do:
1 – Love
2 – Write
3 – Eat
4 – Laugh
5 – Yoga

Places I have lived:
1 -- 12th Street
2 – 7th Street
3 – Hickory, Tulsa, Lancaster, Greenville, Gastonia, York, Pine Ridge, etc.
4 – in denial (not really, but I'm getting a little bored...)

Favorite Things to Eat:
1 – All things cheese (even my pappy's macaroni and cheese/hot dog casserole)
2 – steak
3 -- broccoli rabe

Places I'd rather be:
1 – Near the ocean
2 – Taking a walk with my mom
3 -- Next to Cody

Words I Love the Spelling of:

1 – bookkeeper
2 – looking
3 -- sylph


Who I am Tagging (and forgive me or ignore me or humor me, whatever you see fit):

1 – Joe
2 – Margot
3 -- Mara

6 comments:

Author said...

you are brilliant, nicole. and also very nice for humoring me. muchas gracias. p.s. that movie is called "a few good men" and it's one of the last movies i'd imagine you watching over and over again.... you always surprise me.

Anonymous said...

One of my sisters just moved to Greenville, SC. I was there last weekend -- it's so pretty and green. Plus the weather is beautiful.

We missed you at BAM. Hope you're doing OK. Good luck with last minute wedding stuff -- I want to see pictures!

margot said...

I DID THE SURVEY! and felt the need to tell you. thanks for tagging me, i feel semi famous and i don't know if it's possible to post pictures on someone else's blog? but i was going to message yours the skeleton wedding pic on your wedding day cause i thought it was so funny! but i don't know how to do that. and not like you'll be checking your blog the day you get married but you know, you'd see it eventually.

Anonymous said...

i love the red notebooks.
i am so glad you love them too.
i knew it would be just right.
they are like longer poems.
or smaller essays.

love diana

Cliff and Mandy Shannon said...

Congratulations on your recent marriage and all you success! I love your poems and beautiful thoughts.

Wishing you good things,
Cliff Shannon

Cliff and Mandy Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.