Sunday, September 2, 2007

Today's News

There are some days when the news just speaks to you, when you nod your head, and you're like, oh yeah, I knew that was coming. Take for example: Club: Andy Dick Groped, Offended, Urinated.

(from: Billboardpublicitywire.com)

Read the whole story at cnn.com, but let me tell you, I was once (terrifyingly) groped by Andy Dick in an Austin elevator. Not exactly the brush with fame I spent my high school days dreaming of.

Then there's another story which I love because it's fall, and fall means football, and football means somebody's got to win and it's not always who you think it'll be. Flashback to me as an eight year-old when my only dreams are to go to Appalachian State University, marry the lifeguard, move to Myrtle Beach and become a ballerina. Now look: Upset for the Ages Appalachian State Stuns No. 5 Michigan.

Imagine how much fun I might've had watching that game with my fellow Mountaineer alums!

And finally, Four Tickets Hit $330 Million Jackpot. This is where I'd like to tell you I was one of them and that the first four responders to this post will go to bed with a cool quarter milsky tucked under your pillow. This morning: a poor rambler; tonight: a wealthy rover!

Alas! It ain't happening, looks like I'm going to have to resort back to the Great Space Coaster news of my youth, because, after all, "No news is good news with Gary G-news."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groped by Andy Dick in an elevator in Huston. . . now there's a feeling I bet you wish you could burn from your memory banks. Speaking of football, I spent the entire afternoon yesterday, dodging traffic, what seemed like millions of cars with OU flags whipping in the wind, attached to their windows. And I couldn't help but think. . . if we could just harness all this energy, and use it not for the hubub of the first"homegame" but for something. .. shall we say a little more productive. . . I think we might be able to solve at least one of the worlds problems. Don't get me wrong, I still love our sooners. . . just not enough to walk into my cornor convenience store. . . face painted maroon with the word boomer scribbled on my forehead. To buy a beer before the game.

Nicole Callihan said...

I think it's easier to love the Sooners up here when I'm not floating around in a sea of red!