Monday, June 11, 2007

The Other Side of the World

After all the tulips and girls riding bicycles in their skirts, windmills and VanGogh's, I woke up today in Dubai. All afternoon I ran around with a group of Scottish ex-pats trying on huge fakes of designer sunglasses and slopping up hummus and minced lamb with warm pita bread. It's so hot here that I feel half in a dream. Surely that dream feeling will continue come tomorrow morning when I go skiing:
Let's just hope the bear doesn't speak to me in French!

2 comments:

Author said...

It's like you wrote a life for yourself, Nicole. How else can you explain this.... (Strange cities, bear suits... do you know what happens next?)

Nicole Callihan said...

o livs, i wish i knew what happens next! and i wish it was: you meeting me by the pool with a burrito and telling me nutty stories about deb and boys who impersonate dead men.