Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snowlove

Out wandering in the cold, I told Eva about Valentine's Day, about Coffee Shop Cupids and paper cut-outs, and how when you're in school you color red and pink hearts on brown paper bags, and at the end of the day, those bags are stuffed with too-sweet candies and cards that say silly things; I told her how it's a day that's all about love but also about chocolate, and I spelled love for her and tried to tell her what it was, but I couldn't find the right words so I spelled it for her again, L-O-V-E, and then we came home and danced in the kitchen and watched the snow fall in the backyard, and L-O-V-E, I kept saying until she fell asleep, and I put her down and kissed her, and now it's running through my head, over and over, my mid-afternoon mantra, my l-o-v-e.

1 comment:

Limonada said...

I L-O-V-E this! (And you.)