Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introducing Jonas Hefner!!!

This morning it felt like Christmas.
"You think Jonas was born?" I asked my love,
like I was five and asking, "You think Santa came?"

"I don't know," he said. "We'll have to go check."

We crept down the stairs and turned around the corner,
got into hotmail, and there: JONAS,
all 8 pounds and 8 ounces of him.
I cried, blubbery, and my love rubbed my back,
as I said something to the tune of...
"A little Hefner. My baby brother's had a little son all his own."
(& Erica's, of course!)
"Look at those toes."

"Yes," my love said. "Toes."

So...welcome to the world, Jonas!
I can't wait to hold you.
(& for you to become a world leader and win the Nobel prize,
cure cancer, climb the highest peak, land on the moon,
travel across time, dominate the spelling bee...)
I already love you, little one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie... hope you'll get down here to see him soon! Less than 12 hours old, and already indexed by Google!

Nicole Callihan said...

Yay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Being an Aunt is Great Fun!!!
Much Love
Hol

little miss mel said...

Congrats Auntie Nicole!!

What a beautiful and GOOD sized baby boy!!!

Love the name too.

Was he a March or April arrival??

margot said...

awwwww! very cute!

Linsey said...

Welcome to the world, Jonas!! Enjoy & Congrats!!

Joe Hefner said...

he's a beautiful boy...I like him, I love him, now I just need to meet him...being an uncle is hard work...

Nicole Callihan said...

March 31--just a couple of hours shy of the cruelest month!