Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Countdown to my Mother's Birthday 2

What she's taught me:

1. To surround myself with people I love.
2. That mayonnaise is almost always the secret ingredient.
3. To laugh until it hurts.
4. To walk until it hurts.
5. To love the hurt.
6. To stand up straight and suck in.
7. That a good night's sleep can cure anything.
8. That memory is slippery.
9. That there's no one to trust if you can't trust yourself.
10. That every moment is as wild and spontaneous and magical
as you make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nicole. I am glad you remember all of it, The most important, of course, is to stand up straight and always suck in. You are so beautiful and smart. Obviusly, you take that after me. JUST KIDDING!!! You get all your wonderful, amazing creativity from your very talented, creative DAD!!!
MOM (soon to have a birthday)

Anonymous said...

Also, I know I misspelled obviously