Friday, January 18, 2008

Still Life with Paper Bag Tilapia

Inspired by my brother's culinary wizardry with parchment paper,
I have stumbled across my latest delight:
Lay out a brown paper bag (not even a nickel); slice a deli zucchini (89 cents);
pour one teaspoon of evoo (for your healty oil!) and dust liberally with salt and pepper (cost negligible).
On top of that place one rinsed-off, thawed-out piece of frozen Sam's fish (99 cents);
close the bag; microwave for three minutes and fifteen seconds;
douse with lime juice and Frank's red hot sauce, and WaLa!
Yes, folks, for less than the price of a subway ride to Coney Island:
The World's Most Perfect Lunch!
Bon Appetite!

7 comments:

Alvin said...

Hi Nicole!

How are you? I hope things have been going well...especially after the wedding!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and comment that I may try that lunch one day, cause it looks rather delicious.

Let meknow how you've been when you get a chance!

-Alvin

Unfortunate Logic said...

is this for real?

can one do this during lunch break in the ghetto?

margot said...

welcome back blue pitcher!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI!!
What is Frank's red hot sauce? Sounds tasty! Will make soon and get back to you.
MOM

Mark Statman said...

Frank's Hot Sauce is pretty good and pretty cheap. Has a nice peppery quality, a little watery, but seems ideal for this recipe.

Joe Hefner said...

My sister....I like to shoe-string the veggies and go really heavy on the dill...but that's just me. Glad you are enjoying it..

Nicole Callihan said...

Ah my brother, dill and shoe-stringing would be amazing. I'm just always afraid I'll cut off my finger.