Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Circles in Manhattan

Yesterday, I strapped on terribly uncomfortable shoes and did what seemed endless loops in the middle of Manhattan. Round and round I went until everyone began to look the same. Noses, scarves, teeth and mittens--I've seen this before, I kept thinking.
Don't worry: this is not a metaphor. I went ice skating.
I laughed; I cried; I broke no bones.
But alas! Woman cannot live on tiny loops alone. I'm hitting the road, heading west until I find a place to hang my hat. (I do hope ole Joe T. has got a hat rack...)

2 comments:

margot said...

I ALMOST WENT ICESKATING YESTERDAY. in bryant park (which is i think where those pics are taken) which would have been cool to run into you there but i didn't go, and therefore didn't run into, therefore this story is going nowhere.
anyway, hello!

Joe Hefner said...

Oh...I got a hat rack..It was great seeing you.