Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Promise Land--Literally

I'm heading back to Oklahoma today, and just in time, I stumbled upon this. It's pretty wild. I had always thought of I-35 as nothing more than a strip of road where I'd smoke cigarettes and chug Diet Dr. Pepper as I made the trek from Norman to Tulsa and back again. Looks like the interstate has a higher calling...
"And a highway will be there;

it will be called the Way of Holiness.

The unclean will not journey on it;

it will be for those who walk in that Way;

wicked fools will not go about on it."

Isaiah 35:8

2 comments:

little miss mel said...

agh, the diet dr. pepper!! How could I forget! :)

Have a safe trip today and hope to see you while we're both in town. :)
(sent you an email with my #)

Mark Statman said...

It seems like the road is always sending us somewhere unexpected.

Have a great holiday