Thursday, October 20, 2011

(;)

In the classroom in my mind, I stand up on desks and throw erasers and spout out poems that I learned by heart when I was twelve, but really I think, I sit a lot more and fumble with the A/V equipment and, only occasionally, shout out things like, can't you see how beautiful the semi-colon is? Look! It lets you put cake and towers and love in the same sentence; it lets you keep going; it lets you stop; it lets you want to do both at the same time even while also wanting cake; and LOVE!; and beautiful, I say again, only half-realizing that for many of them the semicolon will never be more than a winking emoticon, and maybe I don't mind, and maybe I do, but maybe I believe anyway: in syntax and love and cake, oh glorious cake!

1 comment:

Jade said...

Love & cake. Two of my favorite things. And you.
That makes three.